Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Session at Simply Cats

My first time volunteering at Simply Cats was wonderful. Jennifer, the volunteer coordinator, was extremely helpful and answered all the questions I had. The cats were so cute. I loved watching them scramble around after each other or just lounge in their cat beds. I always felt great every time I finished cleaning a room. The counters were clean, the floor shined and the kitties had clean laundry and fresh litter boxes as well as food and water. The room that left the most impression on me though was room 10. That is where they keep the kitties that can't be adopted out. They all have neurological problems or other diseases that require lots of medicine and attention. This room is the messiest. There is little spills and mistakes all over the floor and counter so it takes a while to scrub them away. However, as soon as I was done I looked at all the cats looking very comfortable and was proud that I could help them out. :) It was a great first experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment