Monday, October 26, 2009

Volunteering With Simply Cats

So far I have absolutely adored volunteering at this wonderful place. The animals are so incredibly adorable! My roommate has been volunteering with me and I am so glad that she is. I don't know anyone here in Boise, so we have to catch the bus and walk down Overland and Maple Grove in order to get there. However, as soon as we walk in the door I toss down my coat and head as quickly as possible to room 3-the KITTY room. I love this one the best! It is a challenge to clean, but I love watching the scramble around and play with each other. There is a tabby kitten that runs across the room straight into the door every few minutes. It is so adorable! This last week there were two new additions, twin grey kitties! I could pick one up in each hand they were so small! They purred so hard when I held them and I fell in love! But sadly when I came back this week, they were gone. Someone had adopted them :) That is one hard part about this. You find a kitty to love, but the next week it has been adopted to a nice family. But oh well! There are so many kitties that it is really easy to find another one to give your heart to. Another kitty that I just love to death is Brandy in room 10. These are the kitties that can't be adopted because of health problems. So far, Brandy has always been curled up on a blankie every time I go in there. However, this time she was on the scratching post and put her two front paws on my shoulder when I came in the room. She meowed at me and began to hug my with swipes of her paws over and over again. No claws, just love. It was so sweet! I kept petting her and giving her loves until finally I reminded myself that I had a job to do! I finished the room and joined back with Crystal and we said our final goodbyes to all the kitty's and headed home. I love volunteering at this shelter. It brings me such joy and happiness and I can't wait to adopt a kitty as soon as I move out of these blasted dorms!

No comments:

Post a Comment